From the inception, Apple has strived to enhance the whole user experience. With that being said, one of the places where Apple has always fallen short is with personalization. It is kind of tedious for those who are interested in customising their smartphones because they find it uninteresting. So, for the sake of writing this article, we’ve decided to go with an in-depth exploration of how to personalise iPhone app icons. This post will be particularly useful for first-time users who want to learn how to modify app icons on iOS. Additionally, no third-party app is required for this process. Now that the formalities are out of the way, we can get into the guide.
Table of contents
Methods for Changing App Icons on iOS Devices
Although Apple does not allow much customizability for its app icons, it’s possible to alter certain details. To alter your iPhone app icons, however, there is a simple technique that you may employ. To some of you, this information could be well known; we are able to provide app shortcuts on the iPhone. Apple also gives us the freedom to alter the icons for our shortcut. Following the guidelines below will allow you to modify the app icons on iOS.
These instructions will show you how to change app icons on iOS devices.
You are able to modify the app icons and design your personal style homepage. To tailor it to your personal style, perform the following steps:
Increasing the number of shortcuts
- It is pre-installed on your device, so open the app “Shortcuts” in your iPhone.
- You can search it from the app library if you can’t find it on your smartphone.
- Tap on the “+” icon that appears in the upper-right corner of your screen when you open the programme.
- Once you’ve selected the ‘Add Action’ option, you’re ready to go.
- For convenience, many more fascinating shortcuts are available from here.
- When you want to switch the app icon, you can either open the app or use the Open App option.
- A new shortcut will be opened for you.
- Click the three dots in the top-right corner to see the details page.
- Identify a keyword and word fragment and then press the ‘Add to Homescreen’ button.
The customization of the app icons
- You have various different sources from which to obtain your icons of choice. Or you can also create yoYou can use any of your saved photographs to build your own personalised symbol.
- Now head back to the Shortcuts preview area.
- Right-click on the ‘Homescreen Name and Icon’ icon and select ‘tap here.
- If you decide to select a file, you will have the option to either take a photo or select a file.
- If you choose, you can click the photo you want to use as an icon, open the file and then select it.
- Once you’ve decided how you want to crop the photo, select the “Choose” option.
- When you view your new icon, you will see how creative you are.
- Tap on the “+” button. Your own icon is now complete.
- Additionally, you can apply these settings to all of your applications and activities. Using this tool, you’ll be able to personalise your homescreen.